Monday, July 16, 2012

Day Three, Time For An ABC

Are you enjoying all the Christmas challenges so far?!!  I know I am!

It's Monday and that's ABC (anything but a card) day at Catch The Bug!  The challenge is to use a non-Christmas image on your project.  I made this ornament using Bugaboo Stamps Itchy Dog.


I started with two images of itchy dog.  One of them facing left and then, reversing the image using my photo editing, the other facing right.  I colored them exactly the same and then fussy cut them.  I then cut a 2 1/2 inch circle from acetate.  Using glossy accents as my adhesive (very strong) I attached the images back to back on the acetate and let them dry.  Once it had dried completely I punched a tiny hole in the top to string fishing line through.  I then carefully rolled the acetate up and inserted it into the ornament, leaving the fishing line sticking out of the top.  (I used a large ornament for this because the hole needed to be large enough for the rolled acetate)  The image will bend slightly but it's easy to straighten using a something thin enough to insert into the ornament (I used a small knitting needle).  Using a funnel, I added glitter to the ball making sure I got some in front and behind the acetate.  I then threaded the fishing line through the holes on the top clasp and tied them off.  I used a rub on for the sentiment and to give it the icy look, I drizzled glossy accents along the top and then glittered it.  A nice bow and cording were all that was needed to finish it off.

Other challenges I've entered this project:


Until next time, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  TTFN

Stamping Hugs,
Becky
Pin It

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! very cute ornament.
Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sisters
Hugs, Jill DT

ahlers5 said...

Love this idea. Thanks so much for playing along with us at 2 Sisters this week.
Diane

Ginger said...

Wow...saw your ornament on Make It Monday Challenge it is great! I can't wait to try this.

blizzardstripes said...

Love this I have to try to make one.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Becky,
This looks fab. What a lovely creation & such a clever idea. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design.
Hugs,
Andie xx

mandy said...

Wow gorgeous Ornament Hun the idea is fab i love all the glitter and the lol doggie is gorg :)

Thanks for joining us at Sisters Challenge

Hugs Mandy DT xx

Rene said...

Holy smokes! This is AWESOME! Just love it...amazing, fantastic, wonderfully original! Have I mentioned that I love it yet? Ha! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a chance at our second prize! Good luck!
Rene :D

DesignerDiva said...

Oooh this is really clever!
Merry Christmas from the Diva's again this week and good luck with the challenge.
Hugs Laurie x

jessica said...

This is gorgeous!!! What an awesome idea!!Such a fun Christmas Project!
Thanks so much for sharing and linking up to our Inspired By: Christmas in July Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Paint!
I hope you will join us next week for a brand new Inspired By Challenge!
Jessica
CIP~DT

Words and Pictures said...

What a great ornament... it caught my eye over at MIM. Though I'm a little in awe of anyone who's getting ready for Christmas this early!!
Alison x

Tip Top said...

This is fantastic! Great clear instructions too - just may have to give it a go but fear I'll be wearing the glitter!! Saw you on Make It Monday and wanted to stop by and say hello!!

BarbaraW said...

Wonderful idea for the ornament. The dog is so cute. Thanks for sharing your art in the Creative Inspirations Paints blog challenge.

Unknown said...

O wow this is stunning, love the ornament and cute doggy. Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Crafts this month and good luck xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails